Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Companies That Are Open To Innovation

As part of my research for Career OnDemand I works with tens of companies. In the beginning, like many of my colleagues, I assumed that human resource teams from technology companies with a younger workforce might be early adopters of new people management concepts. Over the last two years I realized that I was wrong and my assumption is not always true. Utilities, chemical companies, oil companies, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics companies are equally open, if not more open, to innovation and risk taking. Ironically, human resource managers in technology companies with a younger demographic came across as more risk averse and skeptical about new ideas. I find this odd. I wonder why. Am I missing something?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...