Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Connecting Your Blog With LinkedIn Is Valuable

In my early days of blogging, I never shared the links anywhere. All traffic to my blog were from friends who know me and those who found my blog via organic Google search. Then twitter came along and I started sharing my posts on twitter. Several followers started reading my posts and those who read my posts started following me on twitter sometimes. The next best source of traffic was YouTube because I posted videos there and pointed viewers to my blog for additional information.

I rarely shared my post on LinkedIn. Last year, while I was researching simple integration tools, I used the IFTTT technology to integrate blogger with LinkedIn. Since then LinkedIn has become the third important source of visitors for my blog. It also turned out to be a highly valuable source of visits for me. Several of my customers, colleagues and partners reach out to me for very specific requests directly because of the kind of information I share in my blog. They are better informed about what I can do and what I am doing. That is a benefit for them. They reach out to me with precise and clear requests. That is useful for me.


If you have not connected your blog to LinkedIn, consider doing so. I wrote more about how that works here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...